Little tweaks can make a big difference.
Working at a computer work station all day can take a toll on the body. Repetitive activities and lack of mobility can contribute to aches, pains, and eventual injuries.
Here are tips for your “home office” to help improve your comfort and safety:
Move around from time-to-time:
- Get out of your chair several times a day and move around
- Roll your shoulders backwards
- Stretch out your forearms and your legs
Find the right chair, these features are best:
- Wheels (five for better mobility)
- Can twist freely on its base
- Adjustable height and arm rests
Adjust your keyboard and monitor:
- The keyboard should be at a height that allows you to have your forearms slightly below a horizontal line (elbows slightly down)
- The monitor should be directly in front of you
- The top of the monitor should be at your eye level
Learn More about how to stay healthy while working from home!
Try Virtual Visit.
Connect with a provider from home.
We are Safe, We are Open, We are Fast.
Our Emergency Departments strictly adhere to Centers for Disease Control guidelines to ensure a safe patient care environment. Patients are provided a mask if needed and we work diligently to have patients seen by a medical clinician within 29 minutes of arrival.
Check our COVID-19 Resource Page.