Indian cuisines are not only famous for the variety of spices that charge your taste buds, but also there are a few food items which impact health positively.
Here’s a list of daily home-made foods for the people who are desperate to shed some extra kilos.
1. Dalia or broken wheat is a healthy food that is low in fats. If you include Dalia in your diet, it will not only aid in weight management but also prevent obesity. Therefore, boost your weight loss efforts as replacing wheat rotis or rice with Dalia is not at all a bad idea.
2. The next item is Khichdi, a combination of rice and green/yellow lentils which improves energy, immunity and digestion. The option is for those who want to change their spicy food habit. Khichdi is a light-weight meal yet filling, and makes for a great food option for everyone. People trying to avoid gluten can go for Khichdi, since rice does not have any gluten in it neither do lentils.
3. Soups: Vegetable soup is an ideal choice to help you lose weight. You can have the tomato or broth-based soups to keep the calorie count low. Many varieties of vegetable soup contain 100 calories or less per serving. This apart, vegetables contain lots of fiber, which helps you feel full and satisfied which makes you eat less all day. People who have the cabbage soup say it’s a good way to quickly shed a few pounds as it drastically limits calories.
4. Dals: Moong dal, made with moong beans, is nutritious and can be in your weight-loss diet, Dal recipes also call for a wealth of spices that may potentially have weight-loss benefits but you need to combine it with a sensible diet and regular exercise.
The Chana Dal Snack or Bengal Gram, which is low in Calories and protein-filled, is a high fibre healthy weight loss snack which will not only keep you full for hours but also help you burn your fat.
5. Green Vegetables: Among vegetables, one can have carrots, cucumber, celery, cauliflower, chilli, Green leaves (butter, iceberg, salad greens) and others.
If you love your cup of green tea, then you should know that besides playing a role in weight loss and boosting immunity, green tea — rich in antioxidants — may also help prevent deaths due heart attacks and strokes caused by atherosclerosis — a condition of narrowed artery walls due to fat build-up.