- LYMA is a ‘super supplement’ that claims to offer a broad range of health benefits
- Includes improved brain function, stronger hair and a healthier immune system
- Experts spent 18 months testing the ingredients, which are backed by science
- It is the brainchild of Lucy Goff, 44, and trainer to the stars Russell Bateman
A new ‘super supplement’ claims to strengthen hair, improve memory and boost the immune system through its eight state-of-the-art ingredients.
LYMA, which is unveiled this month, is an ‘all singing, all dancing’ capsule that aims to support health ‘across the board’ through its unique combination of ingredients, which were rigorously trialled and selected by a team of world-class nutritionists.
So it is of little surprise that A-list stars including Chloe Grace Moretz, 21, girlfriend of Brooklyn Beckham, and Victoria’s Secret Angel Roosmarijn de Kok are already fans of the capsule, which also comes in a very trendy solid copper container.
The product, which was created in London, is the brainchild of Lucy Goff, 44, a working mother, and fitness coach Russell Bateman, 37, founder of the ultra cool Skinny Bitch Collective who has trained the likes of Millie Mackintosh and Suki Waterhouse.
A-list fans: Actress Chloe Grace Moretz, 21, girlfriend of Brooklyn Beckham, is a fan of LYMA
Enhancing her beauty: Victoria’s Secret Angel Roosmarijn de Kok with LYMA’s copper case
Luxury living: The model gushed over the crown-emblazoned capsules on social media
The pair have spent the best part of the last two years developing a capsule that uses the very latest in modern-day nutrition technology.
Speaking to FEMAIL, LYMA’s nutritional scientist explained some of the key benefits to the capsule – and why it is different to anything else on the market.
He said: ‘There are eight ingredients here and they target many different areas of health, it’s very holistic in its properties.
‘If we look at Cognazin, this is an ingredient that has been shown to best support the membrane of the neurons in the mind, to support neurotransmitter production, to support brain health, memory and focus in the best way possible.
‘Meanwhile Wellmune, that supports the innate immune system. It is the stimulus for sparking the immune system into action… It works at the gut because the gut is the hub of where the immune system work. It can support energy and focus, there is evidence to support that as well.’
The supplement also contains an ingredient, Cynatine HNS, which is a solubilised form of keratin – an in-demand protein that has been hailed as ‘the next collagen.
The LYMA ingredients and their benefits
1. KSM-66 Ashwagandha™; helps to reduce levels of stress hormone cortisol by 28 per cent
2. Cynatine HNS™ (solubilised keratin); clinically proven to show a 47 per cent decrease in hair loss, 88 per cent less nail breakage and an 80 per cent improvement in skin smoothness
3. HydroCurc™ (cold water dispensed curcumin); increases the body’s own antioxidant enzymes
4. Wellmune™ (beta glucans); helps improves mental clarity by 11 per cent
5. Lycored™ (lycopene); helps reduces cholesterol by 10 per cent
6. Cognazin™(citoline); helps to increase brain energy by 13 per cent
7. K2 Vital™ (vitamin K2); clinically proven to help reduce cardiovascular risk by 50 per cent
8. Vitamin D3; clinically proven to help reduce risk of osteoporosis by 37 per cent
‘There is a big trend towards hair, skin and nails beauty supplements at the moment, and there’s a lot being made of collagen supplements, but I think kerotin is this year’s collagen,’ the expert continued.
‘We’ve got Cynatine HNS which is probably the only ingredient, or one of the very few, that will support hair, skin and nails, this is a really on-trend ingredient with some really nice science behind it as well.’
Other ingredients include HydroCurc, which has anti-inflammatory properties, and Lycored, a natural antioxidant.
Users take four capsules a day and the creators claim benefits can be seen after 90 days.
However such a luxury capsule does come at a cost. An initial £199 starter pack includes 120 capsules – enough for 30 days – and a hand-crafted copper container.
LYMA is then available on subscription for £149-a-month.
The nutritionist explained that this premium price meant he had extra pressure to deliver a high-quality capsule.
While a traditional multi-vitamin might support nutrients that occur naturally in the diet, LYMA goes ‘beyond’ diet. Seven of the eight ingredients are patented – an industry first.
Health secret: The model shared a snap of the stylish packaging on her Instagram story
Lucy explained this focus on science was crucial in the development of LYMA.
She said: ‘For too long the world of supplements and multi vitamins have been ambiguous we’ve worked with world class nutritional scientists to create a daily supplement which is proven to have results.
‘Too many supplements contain ingredients which simply don’t affect the body, often merely passing through it; LYMA was designed to counteract this with the highest absorption levels possible so that they disperse to the areas where the body can best absorb them, to begin to see real benefits.’