BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – It’s heart week here on CBS 42. We are making sure you are heart healthy. One very important component is diet.
Nutritionist, Mim Gaines, says when looking to keep your heart under control, it’s important to focus on your sodium intake. The average is 2,000 mg a day, but depending on your heart, it could be advised to drop down to 1,500 mg a day.
We went to Walmart to grocery shop for heart-healthy foods. Feel free to shop our cart!
- Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon
- Hormel Low Sodium Bacon
- Boneless skinless chicken breast (8 piece package)
- Marketside lightly salted grilled chicken breast (already cooked)
- Great value smoked turkey
- Quaker White Cheddar Rice cakes
- Tostido Salsa
- Great Value Lightly salted restaurant style chips
- Opadipity greek yogurt dip
- Sunkist trail mix
- Southern Valley Green beans
- Cut n’ Clean Kale (by the bag)
- Bag of Sweet potatoes
- Microwave in a Bag white potatoes
Our entire bill came to $64.64.