Craving sushi? Treat your taste buds to some veggie sushi rolls with
cauliflower “rice” and nori! These delicious rolls are made with sweet
potato, avocado, cucumbers, bell peppers, cabbage and cauliflower and takes
only minutes to prepare.
Veggie Sushi Rolls with Cauliflower “Rice” and Nori – makes ~8 nori
• 1 large sweet potato, peeled
• 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
• 2 avocados
• 2 kirby cucumbers
• 1 red bell pepper
• ½ of a small purple cabbage, chopped
• ½ of a cauliflower head
• 2 tablespoons of tahini
• 8 sheets of nori
• 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
• Amount as desired – low-sodium Teriyaki sauce
• Amount as desired – low-sodium soy sauce
• Amount as desired – wasabi powder
• Amount as desired – maple syrup
Wash and peel sweet potato. Julienne (or match stick) cut into 3-4 inch
pieces. Heat medium skillet on medium-high, add 2 teaspoons of sesame oil,
add sweet potato. Brown for 3-5 minutes, then lower heat and cover to steam
for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile, wash and julienne slice cucumbers, peppers, cabbage and avocado,
place separated on large plate.
(Note, to cut avocado make a slit starting from top, going to bottom, then
all the way around to original cut. Twist slightly to open, use a spoon to
scoop seed out or use a knife to carefully stick and pull out seed. Slice
with knife while in shell then scoop out with spoon.Wash and cut
cauliflower, add to food processor and pulse until riced. Cook in bowl in
microwave for 60 seconds, squeeze out excess moisture using nut milk cloth
then put back into food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup avocado and tahini, pulse until combined.
- Lay the nori on your cutting board, vertically and smooth side down.
Spoon riced cauliflower mixture on half of nori paper, closest to your body
(you may want a small bowl with water to seal the nori roll).
Place a few slices of each veggie evenly on the half of the dip area
closest to the center of nori. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Gently start to fold the nori roll, starting with the part closest to your
body, tucking under veggies.
Continue to roll tightly until about an inch from the end, then wet your
finger and brush along the inside flap and seal.
- Wet a sharp knife blade and slice in 3/4 in pieces. Dip and enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Serving: