Looking for a healthier take on ice cream? Skip the added fat and
cholesterol with this peanut butter chocolate chip homemade “nice” cream
from Independence LIVE’s weekly healthy cooking class. Made with creamy
frozen bananas, this tasty treat delivers big taste while doing minimal
damage to your waistline!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Homemade “Nice” Cream – 4 servings
• 4 bananas, frozen
• ¼ cup of peanut butter (any nut butter will work)
• ¼ cup of coconut milk
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
• ½ cup of chocolate protein powder
• ¼ cup of carob chips or dark chocolate chips (non-vegan)
- Freeze very ripe bananas for at least 4 hours.
Add ingredients into food processor (be sure to add chips or any larger
additions at the very end (i.e. nuts, marshmallows, whole fruit, etc.)
Blend until smooth. You can enjoy at this point or refreeze for 30 min. to
make it more solid.
Nutritional Information (serving size: .5 cup):