Step up your weekday lunch game with this Mediterranean Bean Salad
from Independence LIVE’s weekly healthy cooking class. This delicious
salad is easy to make, heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly, and a great source
Mediterranean Bean Salad – 4 servings
• 1 can of chickpeas
• 1 can of small white beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup of (~1 pint) grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup of (~1 medium) yellow bell pepper, chopped
• ½ cup of pitted Kalamata olives
• 1 cup of (~1 small) red onion, minced
• ½ cup of parsley, chopped
• ¼ cup of fresh mint, chopped
• ¼ cup of dill, diced
• ½ cup of feta cheese
• 1 cup of (~1 medium) cucumber, chopped
• ¼ cup of olive oil
• 2 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 2 tsp. of garlic powder
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and all beans, add to medium bowl.
- Wash and cut tomatoes, add to bowl.
- Mince onion, add to bowl.
- Drain olives, slice and add to bowl.
- Rinse and chop herbs, add bowl.
- Cut feta and add to bowl.
Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk until
dressing thickens (emulsifies).
- Add dressing to salad and mix until combined.
- Plate and Enjoy!