Tired of eating the same old salad every day? Try making this low-calorie
kale & walnut salad for lunch. It’s filled with fresh, healthy
ingredients and can be made fast when you’re in a hurry.
Kale & Walnut Salad
• 1 pound of fresh kale stems, trimmed, well-washed, and dried
• 2 ½ tablespoons of walnut or olive oil
• 1 ½ tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon of seal salt
• ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon of sugar
• ½ of a small red onion, peeled
• 1 medium red pepper, cored
• 2 tablespoons of toasted walnuts
- Place kale in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Add dressing to kale and, gently massage kale to tenderize it.
- Cover bowl, let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add onion, red pepper, and walnuts to the salad.
- Toss gently before serving.
- *Additional tip – Substitute walnuts with almonds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 slices):