The truth is, the best strategy to safeguard yourself against sickness is prevention
ABOVE VIDEO: With the public health crisis we’re all facing with COVID-19, many of us are wondering what we can do to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
BREVARD COUNTY. FLORIDA – With the public health crisis we’re all facing with COVID-19, many of us are wondering what we can do to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
Beyond social distancing and staying at home, is it possible to boost our immune systems?
In the latest installment of Health First’s “Healthy at Home” video series, they’re offering some smart but simple tips on how to stay as healthy as possible during this pandemic.
The truth is, the best strategy to safeguard yourself against sickness is prevention.
Here are some helpful tips:
• Follow a healthy diet. This may consist of leafy greens, fruit and lean meats, such as chicken and fish.
• Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day – and staying away from sugary, carbonated drinks – will help to flush your body of toxins.
• Controlling chronic diseases. Staying in touch with your primary care provider is important to maintain any other diseases that may compromise your immune system.
• Get plenty of sleep. On average, an adult should try to get seven to nine hours of sleep per night, and children should get 11 to 13.
• Try to reduce your stress. An easy way to do this could be keeping a daily routine and trying to stay positive.
Health First hopes these tips help you and your family during this trying time.
Remember, they’re here for you when you need them – during this public health crisis and beyond. Stay safe and be well.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS