PREP TIME: 25 minutes / TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes / SERVINGS: 4
BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
3 Tbsp (1¼ oz) crumbled blue cheese
⅓ c reduced-fat sour cream
2 tsp finely chopped green onion
½ tsp white wine vinegar
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (10 oz), cut into 1″ cubes
1 scallion, finely chopped
2½ Tbsp mild cayenne pepper sauce
1 Tbsp butter, melted
3 ribs celery, cut into 2″ sticks
1 c baby carrots
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
MASH together the blue cheese and sour cream with the back of a spoon in a small bowl. Stir in the green onion and vinegar until blended. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN BITES:
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
2. TOSS together the chicken cubes, scallion, and 1 Tbsp of the pepper sauce in a medium bowl.
3. THREAD the chicken on a dozen 6″ bamboo skewers, using two pieces of chicken per skewer.
4. ARRANGE on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. MEANWHILE, in a small bowl, toss together the remaining 1½ Tbsp pepper sauce and the butter.
6. ARRANGE the cooked chicken skewers on half of a serving platter in a single layer. Brush the chicken cubes with the pepper sauce.
7. PLACE the celery and carrots on the platter and serve with the blue cheese dressing.
NUTRITION (per serving) 177 cal, 19 g pro, 5 g carb, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugars, 8.8 g fat, 5.2 g sat fat, 476 mg sodium