Jaime says not only is this salad delicious and filling, it has 10 heart healthy foods combined into one heart healthy meal.
- Spinach– keeps blood pressure stable and lowers cholesterol.
- Tomatoes– reduces blood pressure and cholesterol, and contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that protect against cardiovascular disease.
- Avocado– a monounsaturated fat that reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Walnuts– contains plant based omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation and increases HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Salmon-rich in omega 3 fatty acids, reduces triglycerides, increases HDL (good) cholesterol and changes LDL particle size to decrease cardiovascular risk.
- Chia Seeds-contains plant based omega 3 fatty acids reducing inflammation and risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Apple Cider Vinegar-lowers cholesterol and blood pressure as well as numerous other health benefits.
- Garlic-contains a compound named allicin, which improves blood pressure and lowers LDL cholesterol.
- Dark Chocolate– 72% cacao or higher reduces risk of blood clots and cardiovascular disease.
- Red Wine– antioxidants can slow progression of heart disease, increase HDL cholesterol and reduce risk of stroke.
© 2018 WUSA